Caldera Spas, Hot Springs, Limelight and Tiger River Spas Heater Relay Circuit Board 77119
METAL BRACKET MUST BE NOTCHED TO AVOID SMALL CAPACITOR ON THE NEW BOARD
- Replaces the 74618 as of 9-10-2013
Related Symptoms Of Failure:
- Across both hot leads to heater has no voltage (Do Not Check Voltage From One Hot To Ground And Add Voltage) HTR ON L.E.D. light is lit inside the IQ2020 control box.
- The heater board usually shows signs of burn marks on the front and/or the backside of the circuit board.
Visual Differences From The Original Board:
- This new board has a voltage jumper in the upper left corner that is factory set for 18 VOLT and should remain there. NO field action is required relative to this jumper at this time (it is for potential future use).
- There is a 6 Prong connection that is used only by the manufacturer for testing located towards the top right side of the board.
- This Is The Newest Version IQ2020 Heater Relay Circuit Board. Used on the 2001-2009.5 IQ2020 Control Box, 2001-2009.5 Hot Spring, 2001-2009 Tiger River and 2008-2009 Limelight Spa Models. 2002-2009 Caldera Spas Utopia, Aquatic Melodies And Paradise Series.
- Part Number 77119 has an upgraded design that provides a more efficient/durable relays therefore reducing future burnouts. The black wire from the heater's power cord now connects into the H1 position on the large gray terminal block. The heater's white wire (neutral) connects onto its own separate gray terminal block labeled H2. This will reduce stress on the relays and increase their lifespan due to better transfer of voltage. The ground wire connection remains the same. The incoming power wires and the black & white wire from the heater are inserted into the gray terminal blocks round holes by prying the gate open using a small screwdriver
- There are 2 jumpers included if needed and two control box screws.
Related Replacement Info:
- Allied Code 3-60-0019
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We finally had to replace the heater board after 18 years. Unfortunately, the board went through several revisions and I was confused that the new board only had two relay switches (vs. original board's 3). I call Caldera (the factory) and the told me that I need to get a whole new logic board as well --- total cost nearing $1000! Shocked, I spoke with Ron of Caldera Spa Parts and he said I shouldn't do that since then I'd also need to replace the control/display panel. He assured me that the latest board works fine as a direct replacement. And he was right! I replicated the jumper placements (there was none!) so it made it that much easier. Be sure to pay attention to how to insert a narrow screwdriver and tilt the handle up to release the wire connectors. It has been a few days and our hot tub is back up to over 100 degrees -- something it hasn't been able to achieve for the last few years. I recommend this part and Caldera Spas Parts Plus for their service and expertise.
H1 and H2 terminals a bit small for the wires going to the heating unitl
Was perfect matter and easy to install
Easy to install, quick delivery